Areas of Expertise
Click on the links below to find barristers via their area of expertise
- Court of Protection
- Family - Children
- Family - Finance
- Housing and Property
- Human Rights and Public Law
Send to a friend
Housing and Property
(Year of Call 2000)
Joined Chambers: 2007
LL.M (International Human Rights Law)
Mark receives instructions in relation to possession proceedings, anti-social behaviour injunctions, disrepair claims and associated civil actions where tenants' rights are infringed. His particular interest and expertise lies in the conduct of housing law cases where human rights and public law issues arise.
Mark acts as a Human Rights and Rule of Law Consultant to International Organisations, Individuals and NGOs. He has experience working in over 15 countries throughout Eastern Europe, Balkans, Russian Federation, Central Asia, South Caucasus, Turkey and Southern Asia. His areas of expertise include:
- Preparation, presentation and evaluation of human rights training materials for Supreme Court and Constitutional Court judges, prosecutors, defence lawyers, police, prison officials, ombudsman office, government officials and NGOs.
- Advice on legislation - both in the UK and foreign jurisdictions - in the areas of crime, prisoners' rights, police actions, public law, extradition and immigration law vis-a-vis compatibility with international human rights' norms.
- Access to Justice: advise and preparation of judicial and advocates training curricula; legal aid; procedural codes.
- Human-rights needs assessments; drafting in-country human rights reports.
- Advise on thematic issues: e.g. fair trial; free speech/freedom of assembly, association; terrorism; women's rights/gender; childrens' rights; torture/inhuman treatment; police; prisons; death penalty; minority rights/discrimination; human rights and Islam; international criminal law and humanitarian law etc.
- Trial observation; monitoring detention facilities.
- Advice and representation in proceedings before the European Court of Human Rights; UN human rights committees.
Human Rights Lawyers Association
Human Rights Expert / Consultant to UN, Council of Europe and OSCE