Areas of Expertise
Click on the links below to find barristers via their area of expertise
- Court of Protection
- Family - Children
- Family - Finance
- Housing and Property
- Human Rights and Public Law
Send to a friend
(Year of Call 2003)
Joined Chambers: 2005
LLB (Hons.) Law with German [Distinction in Oral Proficiency in German] Humboldt Universitat, Berlin SOCRATES
Mr. Saunders is a specialist Criminal Practitioner with considerable experience of defending high-profile, serious and complex offences.
Mr. Saunders practice comprises homicide cases, fraud trials involving significant sums of money, complex conspiracy cases and historic allegations of serious sexual assault.
Recommend by the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners for regulatory and criminal law:-
"He is good with a jury and with clients, approachable and responsive." "Very dedicated and extremely enthusiastic when a matter is handed to him. Also brilliant on his feet." Chambers & Partners, 2017
"Fearless yet measured." Legal 500, 2016
"He is sensitive and courageous and can turn a losing case into a winning case with the power of imagination. He can see things that other lawyers miss and can plot a course to win in a way no one else could understand until the verdict materialises." Chambers & Partners, 2016.
"Utterly dedicated, and has an obsessive eye for detail" & "Like the best lawyers, he makes very complex matters look easy" Legal 500, 2015.
“Defends clients in cases ranging from violent crime to serious sexual offences” Chambers & Partners 2015.
“A strong advocate with a good manner in court” and “ a good written advocate" Legal 500, 2014.
“ Kevin Saunders is marked out as a rising star” Legal 500, 2013.
• Defence Counsel for a mother charged with allowing the death of her child.
• Defence Counsel in a murder trial involving specialist issues of mental health, torture and expert scientific evidence. All prosecution witnesses and the two defendants suffered from mental health issues.
• Defence Counsel in multiple cases concerning serious allegations of historic sexual abuse.
• Counsel for the Appellant in a guideline Court of Appeal case on the sentencing of youths for the offence of rape.
• Confiscation proceedings arising from the United Kingdom's largest ever cocaine factory. Issues included an alleged criminal benefit of £42 million.
• The prosecution of a fraudulent escort agency. Advised on strategy from an early stage to achieve the intended result with minimal cost.
• Defence Counsel in a £4.5million immigration fraud concerning bogus colleges and comprising the largest ever cash seizure.
• Defence Counsel in a multi-handed trial arising from a conspiracy to facilitate the escape of career criminals from a prison van en route to Court.
• Defence Counsel in a murder trial involving significant issues of mental capacity.
• Defence Counsel in an attempted murder trial involving life threatening injuries, and a dramatic change of instructions on the first day of trial. Case required sensitive yet robust witness handling.
• The prosecution of the United Kingdom’s largest provider of sub-prime loans. The Defendant Company was prosecuted for offences under Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.
• Defence Counsel for a FTSE 100 company charged with discharging pollutants into a river.
• The prosecution of a residential Care Home under health and safety legislation, following the death of a resident.
Criminal Bar Association
British German Jurists' Association